Points to remember on the day of surgery…
- We do request that two adults accompany the child to the hospital the day of surgery and that at least one remains at the facility at all times. It is also important that one adult is available to watch the child on your drive back home while the other drives.
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight. If your child has anything to eat or drink after midnight, their general anesthesia CANNOT be completed.
- A pre-operative physical must be completed within 30 days of the surgery date. Our staff will provide you with a form that your child’s primary care physician must complete within 30 days of the appointment.
- Please notify our office if your child is sick. Most of the time the procedure is cancelled if your child is sick or running a fever. This is at the discretion of the doctor and the Anesthesiologist.
- This procedure will be a same day surgery and your child will be discharged from the office or hospital on the same day as treatment. After the procedure is complete your child will recover in a post-operative recovery area until they are stable, alert, and ready to be discharged.
- Once you return home your child will likely be tired. It is best to let the child rest at home with minimal activity until the next day.
Please print, read and sign the documents below.